April 14, 2013

Blessed


I have been attending church since I was born, yet it hasn't been until I have been older that I have really understood and benefitted from the joys of a Christian community. I have found that no matter where you go, you never leave behind your community. This past weekend has been a wonderful reminder of how incredible a gift it is to be in relationship with other Christians, old and new friends alike have been contacting us and praying for us and I stand in awe because I have felt those prayers; like a warm blanket on a cold rainy day they have wrapped me up and buffered out the cold.

God has blessed us with a weekend full of many distractions to keep our minds busy and away from the nagging gut wrenching decisions that tomorrow brings. Peace has enveloped us as a family and as we walk through the next few hours into tomorrow I find that I am stronger than I thought I was and that to me is a precious relief.

I don't know what the surgeons will decide tomorrow, they have a few options and obviously my prayer is that they decide to hold off, that they choose to not go with any surgery... at the beginning of this latest episode I allowed myself to believe that it was in the surgeons hands but I was wrong. It's in God's hands and I have been reminded this past week that God's timing is the best timing and maybe, just maybe, it's time I just stop worrying and put aside the fear and allow God's perfect timing, His perfect will to be enough. He knows my deepest desires and he's heard my heart felt prayers and if this is how he is going to choose to answer then I have to trust Him. Hard as that may be... how can I go into his room each night and pray for Josh's healing, and then be frustrated when he gives us an answer just because I don't like the way he chooses to answer?

As I read through the responses to the Blog this week I am amazed and wonderfully filled with peace and hope because I know that there are thousands of people in the world praying for my son. He is one blessed little boy, and I am one blessed Mum!

L

1 comment:

  1. Will pray for you tomorrow as you face the decisions that need to be made....you are right that all there really matters to God is that we trust Him, and there's the rub for that is the most difficult thing to do in times of suffering and difficulties. But there is some part we all are! May God continue to sustain and bless you. You are a great example to so many, and God knows and sees you. His love sustains even when we are not conscious of it!
    love Hope Strong

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!