October 2, 2012

The all seeing eyes of a Mum.



I had the pleasure of showing up a little early to pick Josh up for school today and finding his class playing in the park outside the school. A perfect opportunity to watch unnoticed from the sidelines to see how he plays with others and who he plays with etc. I watched as he and a group ran back and forth, up and down, all with big smiles on their faces. Watching him play was quite fun but it was short lived as only a few minutes later the teacher rang her bell and almost all the kids ran back to the door and lined up beautifully. I say 'almost all' because Josh was not one of the group of listeners. Instead he and two other boys ran over to where the leaves were beginning to pile up and proceeded to throw them at each. While it was rather cute, I could see that the teacher was trying to get the class back into the school so I yelled out 'Josh! Listen to your teacher'. Now, the beauty of this was that he didn't see me, he stopped immediately and looked around for me but he couldn't see me but he quickly joined the line and continued to look for me.

I couldn't help but giggle about it, poor Josh must think I am omnipotent, that I have eyes everywhere, much like God. He hears my voice and obeys me but he can't find where I am hiding. I smile because I remember thinking that my mother was like that, she seemed to know all when I was a kid. I couldn't hide anything and she could hear every whisper between my sister and I.

Now, when I hear the boys plotting in 'whispers' that are louder than a mans voice, I tell them not to do whatever it is they are planning to do and they stare at me in awe. At night, when we put them to bed and we hear the sounds of the pitter patter of little feet running above our heads and tell them to get back in bed, I almost hear their thought 'how did they know we aren't in bed?'.

It has been both entertaining and a reality check from my own childhood. My mother is not God... took me long enough to figure it out eh?! :)

1 comment:

  1. James,

    Thank you for the comment and the link. I have posted the link to your site, thanks for the tip :)

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!