July 3, 2012

We need your help...



So the appointment is done and this post is a shout out for help, advice or maybe just a place to vent my current frustrations. The wait list for speech therapy is 6 - 8 months which takes Josh to 5 years old before he is seen for an 'assessment'. It seems we are always getting assessments and no help. This is frustrating to say the least, but more frustrating is that the speech pathologist may not recommend him for therapy through Bloorview. This means that he will wait all this time just to be told that he can't get the therapy we need through them. The main problem? Bloorview is covered by OHIP, and if we can't get him in there then we need to find a way to come up with the cash for a private therapist. Do you have any idea what a private therapist costs? A LOT. Let me tell you!!

So, how can you help?? You can pray! Pray that the wait list is pushed along and expedited, pray that the pathologist sees that Josh needs this help and that they are willing to help him. Pray that we can find ways to help him in the time in between! He needs help, we all  know that. My biggest concern is that I don't know how to help him anymore.

Also, if any of you out there is a speech therapist or pathologist and know how to help a kid with a brain injury please, please contact me!! I need advice!

Third, if anyone out there knows of a way to get OHIP covered care please, contact me!

This little man needs help and this Mummy is fresh out of ideas on how to get him that help!

Thanks,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!