February 16, 2012

held to account


This week has been one filled with sorrow for so many people that I know. Reading updates on Facebook, or opening email has been a difficult process because it seems there is just one thing after another, culminating in the very untimely death of a friend's son. As I read all of these things, hear diagnosis's from people, hear about deaths, illness and painful histories of friends I am left to consider my own life.

What I found was this: I have nothing to complain about. I complain too much, and no matter what happens in this life, someone else always has it worse.

In preparation for his sermon this week, Tim asked me what his biggest 'sin' issue was, what was the one area that he really needed to be held accountable. I answered, and then I asked him what mine was, and guess what? I complain too much! I was indignant at first, I am an extrovert, so I talk things out, it's not complaining, it's working through my issues (of which it seems, there are many). However, on closer introspection, I have learned that yes, I complain too much and it's not attractive.

So how do I change? I haven't got the first clue?! I know this, I am aware, and that is a good first step. Second, I have to start with noticing if I am complaining, calling myself on it, then apologize to whoever I am complaining too for being such a bore!

For those of you who have been on the other end of my endless diatribe of complaints, I apologize... For those of you who don't know what I am talking about (well, you are sweet and I thank you for not noticing) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!