February 1, 2012

CHD

February is CHD (Congenital Heart Defect) awareness month (well, there is a week in there 7-14) but on this Blog it's all month, I will be posting things through out the month about this deadly illness that is taking the lives of our kids. I will also be sharing the stories of hope that CHD offers. As some of you know from my post last February, 50% of kids now live with CHD into adulthood... this is a significant increase in scientific discoveries. CHD doesn't need to kill your baby, it's not easy, it's a tough and trying road but there is hope.

Some stats:


Congenital Heart Defects (CHDs) are the world’s leading birth defect; more common than spina bifida or Downs Syndrome, and are the leading cause of infant deaths in Canada.  CHDs kill twice as many children each year as all childhood cancers combined.  The term “congenital” means that the defect is present at birth.   One in 100 to 3 in 100 Canadian children are born with one or more of the 35 known types of CHDs, representing 1-3% of births.  These heart defects vary in severity, ranging from a tiny hole in the heart that may never require surgery, to life-threatening defects which require open-heart surgery within hours or days of birth.  Sadly, more than 4,000 babies born this year in Canada will never see their first birthday because of complex congenital heart defects, and hundreds of CHD children die before ever reaching adulthood.  

There is NO cure but there is HOPE

For more information on CHDs, visit these websites:
Sources:
 www.congenitalheartdefects.com
www.heart andstroke.com
www.heart defectssociety.org

Some kids lose the battle, I will share a story later this week of a little girl who did lose, and how her family is coping with that loss. I will also tell you about those who make it, and the remarkable tales of some great kids!

Keep your eyes open for the stories...

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, fatigue, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!