October 9, 2011

my heart walking...

Canadian Thanksgiving... what a fantastic holiday! A day set aside to thank God for the blessings in your life, for the bounty, and for the little things that we don't normally consider. Two years ago today I was planning on celebrating Thanksgiving with family, and then the plan was to head into the hospital on the Monday to have a C-section. I had pre-eclampsia with Kaleb, and I continued to get sicker as the pregnancy continued so they decided that I would have to forgo the hopes of a normal labour and again submit myself to a surgery. On the Friday of the Thanksgiving weekend I went in for more tests and by then was so sick that they decided that the baby wouldn't wait until Monday, he would need to come out that night. So on Friday October 9th, 3.5 weeks before the due date, at 6pm Kaleb came into our world. My best guess is that he wanted to be at Thanksgiving celebrations too as we were home in time to eat turkey with the family on Sunday night. Our world hasn't been the same since, we have so much to be thankful for, so much to celebrate this Thanksgiving. My ten things for Project Thankful Heart today are all in celebration of his birth two years ago.

Someone once said that if you have kids it's like having your heart walk around outside your body and when these two boys entered my world I understood what that meant. I have written to you all week about the sweet little child that is our youngest son. The baby in the family, the the fun, the sly, the mischievous little man we call Kaleb. As we celebrate thanksgiving today we do so with hearts full of our little man, and the wonder that he brings to our lives.

Happy Birthday my sweet son, you have made our family complete, you have made our lives shine with your smile and sweet ways. We love you more than we would have thought possible, and every day that love just grows! Enjoy your special day little man!

Love, Mummy xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!