January 18, 2011

YES!!!

YES...

It is a really interesting word when you think about it. How many times have you said yes and regretted it? How many times have you said No and regretted it? I know the answer for me is simple... I have regretted way more No's than I have Yes's.

Yes, leads us to a chosen field of study, a career, a dream, a relationship, a fun event, a child, a life. No, often that leads us to the couch where we stay because it takes a yes to get us off the seat to begin with.

I read a book once (very similar to the Yes Man movie with Jim Carey). The story if about a guy who was dumped and went into a funk... a couch sitting funk. His friends would invite him out, his job tried to advance him, he was offered a life countless times but always he said NO. Then one day while sitting on the tube he saw a sign... 'why not say yes today?' and so he decided to give it a go. He begins to say yes to everything and it leads him on an adventure that takes him from London across Europe and all the way to the land of Aussies where he meets the girl he ends up marrying. Yes, is a powerful, adventurous word.

On Sunday we heard Barry preach about YES, about saying yes for God... saying YES to our calling... just wanted to throw this out there... for you, for me, but more for God... YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Laurie is ready, willing and able! If you could ask the question soon though it would be helpful... I have no idea what that calling is yet...

2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting a lot longer than you. Does one need A calling? Or can there be more than one? And can they change over time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good questions Donna ~ There was a time when I knew exactly where God wanted me to serve... but lately... I don't have a clue. So, definately I think there is more than one calling, always more than one and yeah, it changes. I think of you, and your family and the transitions that have happened in your life and I see living proof of a family who is devoted to living out thier call. Giving it all up just to say YES. You are Norm are really an imspiration to me, always have been. Not just on living out your beliefs but in doing it with a serving heart and an open mind and raising your children to be the same. You are all a real witness to me and a blessing the so many people right across the globe. Maybe you are already living out your call... already having said yes? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!