October 21, 2010

One special community

3 years ago we started a small group from our home, we met on Wednesdays at 7pm and studied the Bible together, hung out together, joked and shared snacks. We have been together for a long time, we have gotten to know each other intimately. We have said goodbye to some and hello to others, both with sadness and joy.

This group of people, fellow travellers of this road called life they have journeyed with us through the ups and downs of illness, frustrations, and helplessness. I have watched as they circle around one of us who is hurting, protecting them and doing everything in their power to help out where they could. I have been on the receiving end of such love on a number of occasions. When I was placed on bed rest while carrying Kaleb, with Tim in England and only my Mom to help this amazing group of people stepped up to help out. Bringing dinners, babysitting Josh, keeping me company and then finally painting Josh's big boy room so that I could have the baby in the nursery. They have been there through Joshua's surgeries, praying, bringing food, calling for comfort and offering support. Yesterday Josh had to be rushed into the ER for a heart related issue. (A long story that I don't feel ready to talk about yet). Tim had to work late last night, he had no one to cover him. I didn't want to take Kaleb as well, I called one of our group who dropped everything to come and babysit Kaleb (until very late). Then another group member met me in the hospital so that I could have company. She stayed until we were discharged.



I have watched as this group of people raised money for a woman in need, simply because they heard about her, I have watched them go above and beyond so many times for so many people. I am so proud to say that these people are my friends. I am so thankful that I have been blessed to have them in my life. My hope and prayer for anyone reading this is that you can each experience community in the way that I have. My hope and prayer for myself, is that I can live up to the standard these special people have set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!