June 18, 2010

My Dad

When we are children we are taught to reach for our dreams, to believe in ourselves and work to reach our goals. We are taught that we can do anything! Then, somewhere along the way we lose the enthusiasm and we begin to lose sight of the dreams that once kept our imaginations captive when we were still young enough to believe in fairy tales. Some of us settle, or some just let go of the dream altogether...

My Dad, he had a dream. He wanted to write a book, a published book with all the bonuses that that entails. Today, at the age that most consider retirement, my Dad was taken on by an agent. His book (Caliburn) is so great that the editor who read the manuscript and who is never overly enthusiastic repeatedly used the word "Wow" when talking with the agent about the book. I can't wait to see my Dad's work in print, I am so proud!

Life lesson: Never ever quit on your dreams, because they won't quit on you!

Congratulations Dad! I love you so much and I am so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!