March 16, 2010

It starts

5 months ago I had my second child... somehow I now weigh more than I did when I first had him. I keep telling myself, today is the day I will work out, make better food choices... but inevitably I sit on the couch with some sort of snack. I bought an excersize machine that I promised to work out on everyday.. then I got sick and then the kids got sick. Always a reason, always an excuse.

No more! I am tired of being overweight and not having anything to wear. I am tired of feeling the need to cover up in front of my husband because I am ashamed of my body.

Today is a new day! I am about to do my first work out of many, you are going to be my accountability partners. I will blog about my progress, I will be honest about my diet and I will be truthful if I don't work out. These are all promises that I will make... and hopefully we will have fun in the process. :) Stranger things have happened!! :)

First, let me tell you about me. I am Laurie, my husband is Tim and my two boys are Joshua and Kaleb. Joshua is two now and was born with a heart defect that nearly took his life, he has undergone 3 cathederizations and one open heart surgery, he's suffered a stroke and an untold amount of pain in his brief time here. He's strong, brave and such a joy to have in my life.

Kaleb is 5 months old. In later pregnancy I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and put on bedrest. Finally they took Kaleb via C-section on October 9th. It took a good 8 weeks for me to recover from the surgery and the high blood pressure that went along with the pre-eclampsia.

During this time I got into some bad habits with food. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and I didn't excersize! So, it begins here and it begins now. No more procrastination! Let the work out and blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback, don't be shy! Follow me!